The leaves are changing and the air is brisk – fall has swept into Mt. Pleasant, Michigan. To celebrate the changing of the seasons, every autumn we host a #FeelsLikeFall Instagram photo contest. The contest encourages participants to show us what fall feels like to them in the Mt. Pleasant area. The post with the most likes at the end of the contest wins! This year, we had variety of perspectives shared throughout the contest, and we are highlighting the top eight posts! The following are this year’s top eight #FeelsLikeFall submissions:
8. Mt. Pleasant parks are a sight to see once the fall foliage is peaking. Here’s a look at fall colors in Chipp-A-Waters Park by @beautyandbriars.
7. A beautiful shot of the Chippewa River as @stefaniemills took a morning stroll through Meridian Park.
6. What’s fall without pumpkins? Here’s some fall decor, featuring pumpkins displayed on a stoop by our #FeelsLikeFall Instagram contest winner @mitchel1l.
5. CMU Athletics sports photographer, @ben_J_photo, caught a deer on the move in a heavily wooded area.
4. Another photography enthusiast, @nealaustinn, spotted a variety of fall colors on a walk in Chipp-A-Waters Park.
3. Photographer @ben_j_photo captures a beautiful picture of fall colors on the Chippewa River.
2. One of many adorable photos of animals enjoying fall. Photo by @nursegirl_78, featuring Gizmo at Island Park.
1. Our #FeelsLikeFall Instagram contest winning photo! The most-liked photo was captured on a morning walk in Mt. Pleasant by @mitchel1l. Congratulations!
Thank you, again, for everyone who participated and voted in the 2017 #FeelsLikeFall Instagram contest! We look forward to all the photos in 2018.