Now that spring has sprung, more and more people are going to want to get out of the house and enjoy all that Mt. Pleasant has to offer. And if the 100 Days of Spring list released by the Mt. Pleasant Area Convention & Visitors Bureau tells us anything, it’s that there a whole lot to do around the region this season.
Let’s take a look at just a sample.
- April 13: The Rummage Sale returns! Get a good deal down at the Veterans Memorial Library and then take the kiddies over to Kids & Culture at Finch Fieldhouse
- April 14: Leading up to the Easter holiday is the Teen Flashlight Egg Hunt at Island Park. Hidden amidst the candy-filled eggs are special prizes that include gift cards, movie passes, and more
- April 25: Take a drive down to the neighboring town of Shepherd where the Isabella County tradition of the Shepherd Maple Syrup Festival kicks off. This will be the festival’s 61st year!
- May 3: It’s that time of year when engines start roaring back to life at the Mt. Pleasant Speedway
- May 4: Celebrate National Comic Book Day at downtown’s Hall of Heroes. May the 4th be with you!
- May 11: Fans of old school R&B will descend on Soaring Eagle Casino for the super group RBRM, made up of Bobby Brown and Bel Biv Devoe
- May 24: The 31st annual Wheatland Traditional Arts Weekend kicks off, which features traditional forms of dance, music, and more
- May 25: Yet another Isabella County tradition, it’s the start of Alma Highland Festival
- May 31: The opening day of the Special Olympics Michigan State Summer Games begins!
Visit the Mt. Pleasant Area Convention & Visitors Bureau online to view the full list of events.