The Mt. Pleasant area is full of unique and fun ways to get out. Below is our list of the top 21 things to do in the area in 2021 in Mt. Pleasant.
1. Head on out to Deerfield Nature Park for a fun day of exploring trails and the covered and swinging bridges.
2. Attend a specialty class at Art Reach of Mid Michigan in downtown Mt. Pleasant. Events such as Paint the Pavement, Art Walk Central and more are taking place throughout the year.
3. Order a flight of Mountain Town Brewing Company’s handcrafted beer located at Summit Smokehouse.
4. Enjoy a nutritious smoothie or spa treatment at Pure Vitality Juice Bar & Spa.
5. Hit the courts at Morey Courts Recreation Center. With 8 full-size basketball/volleyball courts, 2 tennis courts, 3 racquetball courts and a track you won’t have a problem staying active.
6. Attempt the Pixie Food Challenge. Eat 10 bitty burgers or six coney dogs, or a combination of the two in less than an hour to earn your name on the Wall of Fame.
7. Test your skills at the Golf Center with a competitive or fun 18 holes of miniature golf.
8. Canoe or tube the cool, clear waters of the Chippewa River.
9. Enjoy a specialty coffee on the patio at Ponder Coffee Co. in Downtown Mt. Pleasant.
10. Hit the slopes or tube at Snow Snake Ski Resort.
11. Try one of 70+ flavors of Arctic Swirls at Doozie’s Ice Cream Place.
12. Test your knowledge and attempt to escape one of two rooms at Central Escapes.
13. Hit the green and golf one of Central Michigan’s 11 courses. From championship layouts to relaxed styles, there is a course for every person.
14. Shop local and visit the Farmers’ Market on Thursday’s at Island Park and Saturday’s in Town Center during the summer and fall.
15. Tempt your taste buds and dine at Midori Sushi & Martini Lounge. With fresh fish delivered directly to the door and handcrafted cocktails, your expectations won’t be let down.
16. Test your luck on Michigan’s largest gaming floor, inside Soaring Eagle Casino.
17. Explore the campus of Central Michigan University and visit the CMU Bookstore to purchase your own official Chippewa merchandise.
18. Try the ‘Mac Daddy’ hotdog at Dog Central in Downtown Mt. Pleasant.
19. Eat a country burger at a Mt. Pleasant landmark of 50 years, Jon’s Drive-In.
20. Shop one of Mt. Pleasant’s finest boutiques, Trillium Fine Clothing in downtown Mt. Pleasant.
21. Get creative and paint your choice of pottery at The Painted Turtle.
Start planning your trip to Mt. Pleasant today! When visiting the area make sure to snap a photo and use #meetmtp to help us share the Mt. Pleasant experience. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to stay up-to-date on the latest in the Mt. Pleasant area!