Michigan is quickly becoming known as America’s summer golf capitol with courses and programs growing bigger and better with each passing season. Across the state you’ll find championship courses forged from the states beautiful landscapes and decorated with miles of natural forests, rivers, and breathtaking shore lines. With an entire state of amazing golf possibilities, how do you choose where to start when planning your summer golf trips? Here’s 6 reasons why Central Michigan should be your next golf getaway destination!
- Location, location, location: One aspect that makes for a great golf trip is heading somewhere that’s easy to get to for everyone in your group and doesn’t require extensive travel time. Mt. Pleasant is located about 2 hours from anywhere in the state, not to mention an easy drive from surrounding states and even Canada. Not only is it easy to get here, but once you’re here, all of our courses are within 30 minutes of Mt. Pleasant. Being centrally located in the state, you can spend more time golfing and less time traveling.
- Course variety: Sometimes it can be difficult to find a course or courses that fit everyone’s needs and skill sets. Whether you’re looking for classic layouts, championship challenges, or a weekend oasis of golf, Central Michigan has it all. The Central Michigan area offers 11 different courses, including Bucks Run, PohlCat, The Pines, Eagle Glen, and even the Mt. Pleasant Country Club. With so many options, it’s never been easier to plan something for everyone!
- Lodging variety: Like our courses, Central Michigan offers a wide range of lodging options. Our 13 properties range from charming bed and breakfasts and luxurious hotels. These properties offer amazing amenities ranging from breakfast and dinner service, pools, fitness facilities, casino shuttles and more!
- The Mt. Pleasant CVB can help you plan: The Mt. Pleasant Area Convention and Visitors Bureau can help you find the perfect golf getaway. Offering a wide range of golf courses and a variety of lodging options, you can find the getaway that’s for you. If you are interested in golf packages, we work closely with Bucks Run Golf Club. Click here to get a jump on your planning!
- Golf with a twist: Central Michigan doesn’t just offer great classic courses, the area also offers a number of variations on the sport. You can be a kid again at the area’s Golf Center putt-putt course or really practice your putting game on Bucks Run’s 18-hole natural grass putting course.
- More than just golf: After a long day on the course, try your luck at Soaring Eagle Casino. Or enjoy a fantastic night life in this Midwestern college town created by a combination of great local bars, unique dining, gaming options, and world class performances. No matter what your group’s interests, there’s something fun for everyone to discover.
Now get out and enjoy the links! Make sure to tell, or show, us your Central Michigan golf experience. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter – and be sure to use #meetmtp during your visit to help us share the Mt. Pleasant experience!